Old October 18th 05, 05:18 AM
Father Kodak

Default How big is the file size produced by the Nikon 5000 scanner?

On 17 Oct 2005 19:51:06 -0700, "mp" wrote:

If anything, get a USB RAID storage device to store the images.
(Sometimes called a SAN)

Or, get some really big drives for one of my systems. Probably a SATA
RAID.

If you want to justify a new PC, then get one with a RAID that is set
to mirror. I'd advise the external RAID anyway.

Nothing worse than losing a drive with most of your images on it.

Agreed. Or losing anything else. For years I've been doing backups
to tape with good results. I have never used low-end DDS, so I
haven't experienced the problems that people have been having with
that technology.