Old February 25th 08, 03:30 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-vista
John D[_3_]

Default Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

On Mon 25 Feb 2008 11:46:18, Gazwad
wrote:

Forget about the company for a moment.
You need to sort out what the problem is.
Have you tested the HDD in another computer?
Does your PCI card claim to support the drive?

This is it. http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=336525

Are you merely having SATA II on SATA controller type issues?
Have you tried jumpering the drive?

No I don't believe so.

Right now you have a problem that you need to resolve.
You can only complain to the company if they sold you components as
being compatible with each other and with both components being
tested as working independently actually don't work together.

We didn't actually amend the contract.

Many suppliers will fob you right off with manufacturers RMA
procedures if you're unlucky enough to get a bad HDD. The amount of
time you've left it it's certain that's the route you'll have to
take now if the drive is duff.

Komplett suggest they will receive the RMA-ed HDD and test it. Of cours
eit is not to do with that.

So have you done anything to remedy the situation or did you merely
have a quick go, get stuck and then go into some sort of brainfart
because you can't call the supplier?

Have done a lot of testing and checking and updating. Is probably an
unusual chipset incompatability.

Time should not be an issue - because I contacted Komplett a few days
after the HDD arrived but am not gettng an replies. Under Distance
Selling I suspect I should have been ok to reject the goods.