Old May 7th 04, 09:19 PM
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

KR Williams writes:
Ok... How about the SX1040BII:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...iption=11-129-
120&depa=0 (sorry for the split)

The Plus AMG cases seem to work fine in our office
and I'm looking at that or the Lifestyle series Sonata for my home system.

The Sonata didn't look all that interesting, though I'm willing
to be convinced otherwise.

I have both a 1040 and a Sonata sitting beside each other. The Sonata
is *much* quieter. The rubber-grommet disk mounts are also a nice
touch for disks that have noisy arms. (The quiet disks with a ramped
voltage to the disk arm are getting hard to find. It appears that
some company managed to patent the idea of not whacking the arm
solenoid with a square wave.)

(Asus k8v-se-d, 2Ghz Athlon64 3200, Matrox g550, Seagate Barracuda
80g, Sonata case, Openbsd)

-wolfgang