Old June 20th 17, 02:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mark Lloyd[_6_]

Default Printers survive 83 alone

On 06/19/2017 07:50 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:

[snip]

When the printer dies in your all in one you have to replace the
scanner as well. OTOH all in ones take up lest space.

When an all-in-one dies, you replace it and almost immediately have a
copier that works. With the other solution (scanner, printer, and
several pieces of excessively complicaed software), if one fails and you
replace it (there's a good chance you can't get the same model) how much
work is it going to be to get the combination working again?

Also, an all-in-one can act as a copier without a computer connected.
Some can scan and print that way too (using a USB drive).

Yes, I am aware that both sides of this question (all-in-one and
separate) have advantages AND disadvantages.

BTW, I am normally opposed to combo devices. This is an exception.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It is your god-given right to destroy any man or woman calling
themselves doctors who willingly slaughter innocent children." [Keith
Tucci, Exec. Dir, Operation Rescue]