Old March 10th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
David[_3_]

Default Restore Compaq Presario S4300NX?

"HH" wrote in message
Compaq can send you QuickRestore CDs for it. Give them a call.

HH

Thanks,

I did order the restore cd's form compaq. If replace the the orginal hard
drive (120gb.) with a larger hard drive,
will it have any effect on using the factory restore cd's?

David C.

"David" wrote in message
I got a used Compaq Presario SX4300NX for cheap, the hard drive is going
bad.
It has XP Home on old hard drive. I would like to restore XP home back

original, but I do not have the restore cd's.
IF I can recover the data of the old drive, and copy to a new working

hard
drive can I make a set of restore cd's?
Or is there another way to restore XP home on this computer with abad

hard
drive and no restore cd's?

TIA,
Craig