Old February 28th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default How do I turn the power blinking light off?

On Feb 26, 8:18 pm, wrote:
I know it's there for a reason, but I have my computer in my bedroom,
and that power light is simply annoying, especially at night! Maybe
if it weren't so bright...

Anyway, I have a Compaq Presario SR1020NX, and I was wondering if
there was any setting I could change to turn the lights out on that
light. If nothing else, I'll just open the body of this thing up and
just disconnect the wires.

Thanks in advance!

Disconnecting the wires is probably the most effective. Here's the
manuals (they don't show the wires in question, but may be helpful
anyway).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00067151.pdf

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00225000.pdf