Old February 7th 05, 05:54 PM
kony

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:13:23 -0500, "hamidbm"
wrote:

I am building a new system. I wanted to install a cooling fan and ordered
one from buy.com. It is an 80 mm fan but comes with tiny installation
screwes. The mounting holes in the fan and in the chasis are far too big
for the tiny screws supplied. How can I install the fan. I live ina remote
area and have to order the screws over the internet. Can someone kindly
guide me where to buy the necessary rubber or screw mounts?
Thanks
Hamidbm

If you decied to buy online, this place usually has cheapest
total cost due to being able to choose regular mail (USPS)
shipping:

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/silfanscrew.html

However, you might find an old computer somewhere that could
donate a couple screws. If you feel daring you should find
there are 4 screws in any other fan (like the power supply
fan) in the system. 2 screws will easily hold down a fan,
so 4 screws can secure 2 fans... it's not ideal but it'd
take a very unusual situation for it to ever make a
difference, perhaps a very thin and flimsy fan might vibrate
a little but even that is unusual. You do do that in the
interim and get some screws the next time you need parts
from a vendor carrying them.

Otherwise there's always a 4-pack of nuts and bolts from the
hardware store, or cable straps, or whatever.