Old December 8th 05, 01:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

Not all of the 2100's/2500's have the full featured board design
w/docking station capabilities. On another note? Quit feeding E-bay
and go to Digi-key.com or Mouser.com for the jacks? I can get these
for a whopping 60C per and man I hate to see people getting ripped by
the E-bay scammers selling at 500% profit margins. (I know I started
there buying and selling inop laptops) If anybody needs how-to help
or info feel free to contact us also. We do these for 89.00 parts and
labor plus a whopping 14.00 for return ship if you cannot do the job.
Also good posting on the genteman offering info on the desoldering
braid and other options! (We have to tell people this every day via
phone).. But 40 watts is a min ammt need for the iron to get it to
flow w/ wick involved on the negative side for these. Good luck all.