Old November 26th 05, 06:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

crazykid55555wrote:
I have another question. Do I have to have any contact with the
bottom side of the motherboard? I don't want to remove the
motherboard from the case because that will be a bit annoying. I just
have to solder the new piece from the top right?You WILL have to
remove the motherboard to gain access to where you de-solder the old
jack and re-solder the new one in. You cannot do the repair from the
top, and you will be more comfortable with the actual repair with the
motherboard removed. Check out earlier posts in this thread to see
how it is done.