Old November 4th 05, 08:31 AM
stargazer257

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

I had the same problem. I tried to open up the laptop without
removing the keyboard first. There are three screws under it that
need to be removed before the case will come completely apart.

First remove the two screws that go into the hinge area from the back
of the laptop. Then use a small flat screwdriver to remove the plate
above the keyboard (I went from right side to left - carefully). Four
screws will be revealed to remove the keyboard. Remove them, tilt KB
forward and remove cable from MB. Remove three screws and separate
case (assuming you already removed the scads of other screws from the
bottom and back of case), being carefull to remove interconnect cables
as you separate.

Good luck...SG257