Old August 8th 05, 03:41 PM
Dragoncarer

wrote in message
ups.com...
Might look at this;

24pin Motherboard Cable to 20pin Power Supply

Don't confuse with cheaper parts that are "20 pin Motherboard cable to
24pin power supply." They aren't the same thing. My 24pin
powersupply lets me detach the extra 4 pins for 20 pin motherboards.

Hey, thanks! So it looks like there are def. adapters out the I thought
there might be, but hadn't got around to looking for any (I live in
Australia btw).

My only reservation is (noob question coming up): is the adapter able to
draw the requisite power for the 4 individual cables/pins? Surely it would
have to spread the supply coming from the 20 existing pins over the
additional 4...how can the adapter draw the extra 4 pins' power
requirements?

Many, many thanks.