Old June 11th 04, 02:25 PM
Karl North

Default Athlon CPU Upgrade in Compaq Laptop

Hello All,
I have a Compaq Presario 700 series laptop. It currently has a Duron 1Ghz
in it. I would like to upgrade the CPU. The higest end of this notebook line
(Same Mobo) has an Athlon 1.4Ghz CPU in it.
As far as I can tell from LOTS of research is that the Mobo can handle
100/133. I'm ASSUMING that it should be okay for an AMD 35 Watt Mobile
Athlon XP 2400+, at 266 MHz FSB. Or am I missing something?

P.S - please don't tell me that Compaq laptops are crappy. This I already
know. I'm keeping it anyway... it was FREE!

Thanks,
Karl North