Old July 1st 04, 04:12 PM
MIL

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:25:24 -0500, "LS" wrote:

I never got any
Restoration CD or OS CD with this system. Was I suppose to????

Hummmm.... I never came up against that situation before. After
reading all the above replies to your question, it would seem that
"Maybe" they don't provide them.

However, I have NEVER, EVER owned a system, either commercial build or
local build that did NOT come with the original installed OS disk(s)
and a Restoration/Recovery disk(s). Maybe I have just been lucky but
I always assumed that it was a given that you get these with a new
system as I always have gotten them.

I would say that any computer distributor that doesn't provide such a
basic set of CD's with a new system should be viewed as a questionable
supplier of systems. Even Box Builders such as Gateway and Dell
provide a basic set of CD's to get you back to where you were on the
first day of your system's life if you need such a recovery done.
Even the local builders to my community provide you with the original
OS disk (YOU PAID FOR) and a Restoration Disk(s) to the system they
just built for you.

I would close is saying that....... reputable box builders provide
such sets to the consumers with their new systems. Look at it another
way.... You got a system under warranty. Something goes wrong and
all that would be needed to get back to normal is a restoration. By
not providing you with such a basic thing as a set of restoration/OS
CDs, the box builder is now going to have to spend time and money
dealing with a problem under warranty that you could have taken care
of by yourself if you would have been provided what I suggest is
normal to reputable box builders, a basic set of recovery disks and a
copy of the OS you paid for.

Regards,
MIL