Old December 24th 03, 01:41 AM
Tom Scales

I thought his point was only DVD-RW would work, which I don't believe.

I believe all the latest drives, at least the +/- ones will do +R, +RW, -R
and -RW.

Tom
"DEJ57" wrote in message
A quick search did reveal a couple of just DVD-R, but I'd think it would

make
more sense to have a combo DVD-R/RW for max usefulness. It also appeared

that
a there are a couple of just DVD-RW...if that description is correct I'd

avoid
that, as the DVD-RW media are more expensive and less compatible with
stand-alone DVD players, if that's the primary intended player for the
recoreded DVDs.

That's what I really like about this NG. It prompts me to search out the
details and better understand something I don't....

Seasons Greetings

Dale