Old December 23rd 03, 06:49 PM
DEJ57

If you plan to do the converson on your laptop, you will need a DVD-RW, not
a DVD-R

Are you saying they don't make PC based DVD-R burners--only DVD-RW? I haven't
kept track over the past year, nor have I reviewed all units available, to know
if at any point PC-based DVD-R burners were available--but I thought they were.
Looking through the paper on Sunday I saw several combo units that were
DVD+-R, DVD+-RW. But either (DVD-R or DVD-RW), if available, would accomplish
what the poster wants to do. It would be a shame if DVD-R weren't available,
as they tend to have more compatibility with stand alone DVD players than
DVD-RW.

Are you saying there would be a particular reason he'd have to use DVD-RW? I
don't think so....

Dale