Old February 11th 04, 08:06 AM
Timothy Daniels

"Muttly" wrote:
My PSU (I can't remember the make or model, but its 550w) has 2 fans. 1
points of the case, the other is inside the case pointing either up or down,
both fans are internal to the psu. My questions is which way should I have
the inside fan pointing? If it points up its got bout 4cm clearence between
it and the top of the case. If it points down its right over my cpu. For
better cooling which way do you think it should be pointing? If theres a
site or something that will give a good reason as to which way, a link would
be great. Better yet if someone has experience as to which way is best
that'd be great 2.

The inside fan should be on the bottom of the power supply,
sucking air into the PSU. See the following webpage,
http://www.highpowersupply.com/produ...0102df.htm#2nd ,
and click on "Close-Up Pictures" and "Function of 2nd Fan".
It clearly shows that the bottom fan sucks air *into* the PSU,
away from the CPU heatsink, and the end fan blows air out of the
PSU and out of the case. Presumably, the airflow capacity of the
end fan is greater than that of the bottom fan so that air is drawn in
at the other end of the PSU, away from the optical drives and through
the PSU to the exterior of the case.

*TimDaniels*