Old February 6th 07, 07:11 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

Default ILM and Full Text Search

On 6 Feb 2007 09:58:53 -0800, wrote:

Faeandar, just out of curiosity, how does the kazeon to crawl the
filer... does it do it via NFS or via NetApp's FPolicy API? And how
much data is on your filer that it took so many days to analyze (how
many TB and how many files?)

Dvy

It does not use FPolicy for crawls, though I hear it does do
migrations now so I assume it talke to Fpolicy in some fashion?

The amount of data on the filer does not seem to make a difference.
Some qtrees have 10's of millions, others have millions, even others
had 100's of thousands. In all cases it traversed at about 16 objects
per sec. Not good.

~F