Old October 26th 04, 01:43 PM
Ken

David wrote:

You might also try ctl-alt-esc. Do you have the original keyboard? Not sure,
but there may have been a turbo key. You could also try switching it on via
software. I have a turbo on/off utility that works on XT's but not sure if
it will work on an 8086.

"Casey Tompkins" wrote in message

Wasn't the software command Ctrl+Alt+(Plus sign) to set turbo, and
Ctrl+Alt+(Minus sign) for turbo off??? It has been a long time.

Here goes:

Does anyone know how to switch a Compaq Deskpro 8086 from
IBM-compatible 4.77Mz mode to the "turbo" 7Mz mode? I recently picked
up one of these puppies -without OS- and I can't figure the
keystrokes, nor are there any DIP switches to adjust this.

I've already tried the old XT-clone Control-Alt-Plus combo that worked
with XT "turbo" clones, and that one doesn't work. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.