Old October 20th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ken Wampach

Default Can an EIDE hard drive be added to an SR2050NX?

I just purchased an SR2050NX. Thing look OK so far.

I do have a question. I would like to install an additional hard
drive to write backups to. I would like to use an EIDE drive
because they are cheap. Best buy has a Seagate 120Gb drive for
$50 this week. Speed is not an issue, since it will just be used
to by Acronis TI Home 9.0 to store the backup files. Does anyone
know if there are problems adding an EIDE drive to this machine
which comes with a SATA drive?

I presume I can install the drive in the unused external 3.5"
location designated as the "Floppy" location. (There isn't an
extra internal 3.5" slot.) If I do need a floppy on the machine,
I would use an external USB one. I don't see any obvious issues.
Is anyone aware of any?

I called Compaq tech support, but I was told that this type of
advice was not covered by normal Customer Support. The tech did
try to tell me what he could. He didn't find any obvious issues,
but he was less than confident.

--
Ken Wampach - FirstNameATLastNameDOTorg