Old January 19th 04, 10:56 PM
O.Phooey

Default Updating the drivers on a softmodded 9500-9700 sapphire

I was lucky enough to get a softmodable sapphire radeon 9500np long
after they were supposedly gone several months ago. The proof was that
the fillrate doubled, and 3d mark score increased dramatically. No
artifacts. I tried about 10x before the softmod worked. I don't know
what I'm doing is one problem. I had one choice for the softmod since
I'm running win98se. Only Rivatuner wrote for that OS. I haven't
upgraded the drivers since that mod back in the early summer (3.6?).
Don't think anything is available for my OS. Is it possible to update
the drivers w/o losing the softmod? I'd hate to go through the dark
tunnel again....

p.s. occassionaly my screen gets scrambled (once a month playing a
graphic intensive online game)and I have to reboot. Is this normal?
The card is running at stock 9500 speeds.