Old September 24th 03, 10:37 AM
David Maynard

Pham wrote:
I may not be adding to the discussion, but good luck buying at Fry's. In my
experience, getting 2 identical sticks of ram at Fry's is a crap-shot at
best; that's unless the twin sticks are packaged together. At the Burbank,
Woodland Hills and Industry Fry's, I was hard pressed to find a clerk
capable of getting 2 identical sticks of ram from the same bin.

Yeah. That's a growing problem as society gets technologically more and more
complex. Someone should write a Sci-Fi comedy story based on that: Starship
orders replacement warp plasma injectors but the wrong ones are shipped; which
cost 1500 credits, after a 500 credit subspace radio rebate that takes 180
standard terran days to clear, etc., etc.

I wonder what the warrantee on a warp plasma injector is: 3 years or 3,000,000
parsecs, whichever comes first? Valid through any ACME approved Starbase service
center in this quadrant (proof of purchase subspace transcription record and
ship's navigation log required). Warrantee covers replacement only of the
defective injector, excluding normal wear and tear, abuse, servicing by
unqualified personnel, and alien attack. Installation labor not included. Not
responsible for incidental damages including, but not limited to, plasma leaks,
warp nacelle explosion, engine failure, and catastrophic destruction from warp
core overloads. Operation outside manufacturer's specifications, including so
called 'emergency warp' and engineering modifications of any kind, shall render
this warrantee null and void.