Old July 29th 04, 08:49 PM
Ben Pope

me!! wrote:
I'm not sure why you feel so compelled to replace both of your drives
though?

Both my current drives are fairly small ( 40 + 60gb ) si i thoughti
would replace them as they are nearing full.

They'll still be useful.

I always keep my data. games etc on a different drive to my os. If i
get just one 160gb sata drive can i still keep the 60gb ide drive
hooked up for backup on the ide controller?

Of course. You COULD leave them both there! (although you might not
require the storage)

Also will i need to press F6 during xp setup to tell it about the sata
controller and drive.

If you're planning on reinstalling, yes.

Ben