Old November 27th 11, 06:34 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ant[_3_]

Default A dying Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 GB SATA HDD?

On 11/26/2011 10:05 PM PT, Rod Speed typed:

The question is whether they get more over time.

Hmm. So, last night's incident was just a hiccup?

Nope, thats when it got more over time.

Hmm, I wonder if the random and rare hard PC lock ups were caused by
this dying HDD. Is that possible?

I still haven't seen any more incidents...

Because you are deliberately not using the drive.

Well, XP does use it sometimes like using its $MFT. :P I do have some
programs on there too. In fact, I used one this morning (mostly
downloading a streaming video file) during a two hours GSmartControl
full test.
--
"The great companies did not know that the line between hunger and anger
is a thin line. And money that might have gone to wages went for gas,