Old November 27th 11, 06:03 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
8732

Default A dying Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 GB SATA HDD?

Arno wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 11/26/2011 5:53 PM PT, Rod Speed typed:

Is my HDD really dying

Yep. 24 reallocated sectors means its got a problem and is dying.

You cant get that any other way.

As so often, that is BS.

Your mindless silly line about just one sector that cant be written to
because of some purported problem with an index track in spades.

You dont have a shred of evidence to substantiate that pathetic little drug crazed fantasy.

I had a Maxtor once with 150 defects that worked
fine for another 3 years until it was decomissioned.

All that proves is that it was an intermittent fault that didnt show up again in those 3 years.

Or it got severely over temped and thats what produced the 150 defects.

We know from the SMART data that his drive hasnt had that happen to it.

24 could be normal for a drive that age.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

The question is whether they get more over time.

We already know that they have, thats what produced the visible symptom, fool..

Alright. I just need to find a low cost drive that is big enough.
Dang Thailand's floods!

FYI, no new incidents so far.