Old June 1st 06, 11:51 PM posted to comp.arch.embedded,comp.realtime,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen

Default disabling SMI

I have a real-time app that runs on a P4. The box we are running it on
has an Aopen i865PEa-7IF motherboard. We are using the On-Time RTOS.
We have found that every 37 seconds the app completely stops running
for 250 microseconds. Using a PCI bus analyzer we discovered that
between the last operation done by my app and when my app resumes
running shows 100's and 100's of I/O reads and writes to addresses B3,
EB, and 61. Googling on this has led me to believe that these accesses
are related to SMI's and SMM. I have disabled everything in the BIOS -
USB, LAN, power management, serial and parallel ports, modem, firewire,
MIDI and game ports - yet my app still stops and I still see these
accesses.

Does anyone know how I can totally disable the SMI's?

TIA!
-larry