Old April 16th 06, 02:05 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Andy:
sorry but is it just me that thinks this sort of thing is well
outdated ... dont quote me on this but im pretty sure that if i
go up the town tomorrow then tesco, adsa, morrisons currys,
comet, homebase will all be open, and if they weren't i'd be
well ****ed

On 16 Apr 2006, Jackie
Greenjackie.green@removethisifyouwantmeblueyonder .co.uk wrote:

Under the Sunday Trading Act 1994 the limits on shop opening
hours a

 Small shops (under 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft) - no restrictions on
opening

 Large shops (over 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft)

Monday to Saturday - no restrictions
Sunday - Opening for 6 continual hours only, between 10am and
6pm Easter Sunday - closed

Easter Sunday = closed is more like what I remember. Maybe stores
are taking their chances more and more these days by opening at times
when they really should not be.

Guess it's going to be a mad rush in the stores on Monday then.

I think it's stupid they have to close on Easter Sunday, it's only a
Sunday like any other, nothing special about it, why shouldn't I be able
to shop just because a few silly people think it's a special day.

Because many of those "silly people" would have to work on a day that is
religously important to them. WTF is the problem with many shoppers? Why
can't they cope if the shops are going to be shut for twenty four hours?

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk