Old December 9th 03, 11:32 PM
Adam Richardson

Default Deskpro 4000s keyboard beeping strangeness

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone can help me...

I've got an old Deskpro and sometimes when I'm using it, the keyboard
(and sometimes the mouse) freezes, the num-lock/caps-lock go out and
there a loud, repetitive beeping from somewhere inside the machine.
Usually, after a minute of so the beeping stops and everything starts
working again!

Anyone got any ideas? I don't think the keyboard's at fault as I use it
regularly on another machine. (Yes, which means I unplug and plug it in
a lot :-(

Oh, while I'm here...
Also, sometimes when I turn the machine on, I get a (BIOS) message
saying that two disks (each less than a couple of MB) have been detected
and my configuration updated. What's that all about? My clock did loose
the time once recently - could this be a CMOS battery problem?

Thanks a lot,
Adam

--
Adam Richardson
Email me at: stonemonkey at ntlworld dot com