Old December 28th 05, 02:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default HP Deskjet 5740 / NO COLOR

"alavel" wrote:
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me!

I purchased a HP Deskjet 5740 and I installed the Black and Color ink
cartridges.

I can not print color, only black.

I scoured HP troubleshooting to no avail. I contacted HP, unfortunately
no resolution.

I thought it was a configuration issue, because when I go into the
maintenance area and I try to perform maintenance on color - I get a
message stating that color is not configured.

After 50 sheets of paper I still can't get color! -

The drivers where installed a few days ago, I'm using USB

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Al

Al
I don't know this model, is there an internal test print (check the users
manual), that is one that you can call from the printer itself not from the PC?
If there is one and it prints colour then you probably have a configuration
problem, if an internal test print does not print colour you may well have a
warranty claim.
Tony