Old October 25th 18, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

Turing wrote:

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.

How long are you holding the selection switch on the KVM to change to
the other PC? The manual (page 6) tells you how long to hold the
switches for what function you want them to do.

The manual also tells you what the front USB ports are for. They are
NOT for switching between hosts. The front USB ports are for
*peripherals*. You use /*ONE*/ keyboard and mouse with this KVM, and
they connect on the backside ports. You are sharing one keyboard and
mouse amongst multiple computers. Pages 10 & 11 of the manual show you
what goes to which port on the KVM.

If the *one* keyboard USB port on the KVM is not changing to which
computer you choose using the KVM's selection switch then the KVM is
broken. You didn't have the manual. Was this KVM got at a garage sale?
If so, maybe they dumped it because it was broke.