Old October 30th 10, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
(PeteCresswell)

Default Socket 775 LGA Mobo w/PCI x4 - That Takes Same Memory As EP45-UD3L

Per peter:
?More money than sense???
Have you looked into the cost of that thing???
bet you looking at 800buck cost and you would still need to buy
a new motherboard.

I was figuring a couple hundred dollars for a 30-gigger. Now
that I'm writing this, of course I can't find the URL... but I'm
pretty sure that was the price range.

But even at $200, I'm not sure it's such a great idea. What
attracted me was the extremely fast boot time and no additional
noise.

Actually, I've got a RAID card in my box right now - used to
enable hot swapping on a SATA bay.... Although I don't know
diddly about RAID, I'm guessing that a couple/two/three drives as
Raid-2 could be made to boot a lot faster... and that might be a
solution too.
--
PeteCresswell