Old August 17th 15, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Foxconn motherboard bios updated today ! ;) (MB: NF4SK8AA-8KRS) (BIOS: 538W1P32.BIN)

Yeah I looked into it further today/now... my system completely back
together so that nice.

Boot order is also properly.

Only thing which was kinda weird is soundcard set to onboard audio instead
of x-fi elite pro... so have to change that manually, might have to disable
onboard audio in bios if this issue remains.

Could be interesting if bios has an option to specify which audio solution
should be main or so... but maybe bios has nothing to do with sound
detection and sound use and such... probably a windows thing.

Another issue which pops up lately is the breakout box/volume knob not
working... that I usually solve that by log off/log in... but this time a
reboot was required to get it working again...

I suspect it's possibly a software bug in creative labs software... or
caused by gsm signals.

Anyway after booting which now also goes really fast the following two
issues remain:

1. one svchost.exe will consume 50% cpu for a long time... multiple
minutes... this is windows update... I am kinda ok with that... as long as
it stops after these minutes... shame that it has to take so long though...
but that's what sleep is for to prevent that next time or so.

2. one other issue is another svchost.exe... also concumsing 50% cpu... so
on dual core system this means 100% used which is less ideal... however this
only takes 2 minutes or so... it's the plug and play service... I suspect
it's caused by one unknown device in device manager or so...

(visible via resource manager selection doesn't give any further
information about what plug and play is doing.)

I also saw a GWX.exe shortly it don't nag though... but that's get windows X
advertisement..

Hmmm there was something else I wanted to write... but forgot what it was...
hmmm... thinking...

Hmm I guess I will have to go into bios anyway... cause floppy drive is
still enabled... it's not in the pc anymore... maybe that could be the cause
of unknown device and/or plug and play usage... so I ll try and disable that
see how that goes...

I'll also disable onboard audio chip... I don't use it anyway so that might
save some troubles...

I was kinda surprised the system booted... maybe that was what I wanted to
write... I only seemed to have swapped power cables... and maybe this
changed boot order ? I cannot imagine that only swapping power cables would
trigger that... sata cables remained the same...

You ever witnessed boot order swapping just by swapping power cables ? Maybe
it changed because I set boot order yesterday or so...

Ok time for me to dive back into my bios !

Bye for now, thanks for you posting !
Skybuck.