Old December 26th 09, 07:03 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc
Christian Reinbothe

Default SoundMAX

Hello,

I have some questions:

Is the SoundMAX compatible with the Soundblaster?
If so, how do I set the BLASTER-variable to the right
value?

Greetings Christian

"Ross Ridge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Christian Reinbothe wrote:
I have an IBM ThinkCentre with a SoundMAX
Sound Card. I want to play old DOS-Games.
Where do I get the DOS-Drivers for this
SoundMAX (I scanned the net, but I did not
get anything).

MS-DOS didn't use sound drivers. Each game had it's own code that talked
the sound card directly.

If you're trying to play MS-DOS games under Windows XP or newer, the
usual suggestion is to use DOSBox:

http://www.dosbox.com

An alternative is to use the MS-DOS emulator built-in Windows, along
with VDMSound which provides much better sound card emulation.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]