Old December 7th 05, 10:55 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default How to fit a laptop hard drive onto a desktop unit.

JC wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:37:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

JC wrote

Is there a way to connect a laptop hard drive to desktop computer?

Yes, you need an adapter to convert the connector basically.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108&cat=HDD
quite a few on ebay too
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...rclo=&saprchi=

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for.

Ghost 9 and 10 would be easier in the sense that you
can do it without buying anything if you can network
the laptop and desktop with what you have already.

Dont think the trial version will do the restore but Ghost
is available using emule or torrent. Obviously not legal tho.

I am having problems getting a restore CD to work on an IBM
thinkpad laptop computer. It has proprietary external CD rom
that does not want to play nice. I have a drive image of the
hard drive that I would like to get onto the laptop hard drive.

Yes, that is a viable way of doing what you want to do.