Old June 15th 04, 10:03 AM
spodosaurus

Brent Wege wrote:
Ok, my computers are LOUD. I hate fans because they make too much noise.
Right now I have two 80mm Sunon fans in each of my two computers, and I feel
like I'm sitting in the back of a 747 when they are both on. I'm thinking
about replacing them with one quiet 80mm fan. I'm also considering changing
the ATX power supplies to a quiet power supply.

It seems like most of the cooling news groups are full of *fan*atics, so all
I'm seeing are posts recommending at least 8 to 15 fans per box -- can we
get some honest opinions on whether or not a standard PC really needs all
this airflow?

Will my machines *really* suffer from just one 80mm fan? I have standard
mid-tower cases... do I really need *two* 80mm fans?

I also see new Dell's more powerful than my PC coming with only one fan.

Thoughts?

The front fan (I assume it's one at the front and one at the back) is
probably the one producing the most noticeable noise for you. That said,
you may wish to replace both (or at least the front one) with quietter
fans. I like the Vantec Stealth fans and use them in my systems.

--
remove the underscores to unmung the email address...