Old June 15th 04, 06:49 AM
Will Dormann

Brent Wege wrote:

Ok, my computers are LOUD. I hate fans because they make too much noise.
Right now I have two 80mm Sunon fans in each of my two computers, and I feel
like I'm sitting in the back of a 747 when they are both on. I'm thinking
about replacing them with one quiet 80mm fan. I'm also considering changing
the ATX power supplies to a quiet power supply.

It seems like most of the cooling news groups are full of *fan*atics, so all
I'm seeing are posts recommending at least 8 to 15 fans per box -- can we
get some honest opinions on whether or not a standard PC really needs all
this airflow?

Get one or two PC Power & Cooling Silencer 80mm fans.
At 20dBA, you'll barely hear them.
That should be all that you need. 8 to 15 fans per box is completely
ridiculous.
http://pcpowercooling.com/products/c...rfan/index.htm

-WD