Old March 8th 13, 08:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken[_5_]

Default 2.5 hdd from toshiba - which caddy?

123Jim wrote:
On 08/03/2013 12:38, 123Jim wrote:
Hi, I need to connect a 2.5 hard drive from a Toshiba laptop but I can't
figure out which connection it has.

It's not IDE like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-HARD-...2746037&sr=8-1

It's not SATA like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/drive-Enclos...2746162&sr=8-2

It looks more like this pin configuration:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-Hard...-/130596347842

but what the heck is that?

I think it is this disk: http://www.netcomdirect.com/tosmk2018gap.html
So ATA otherwise known as IDE ..

.... but the interface, the pin configurations does not look like and
does not fit IDE , or SATA ( I have both enclosures)

..

You do realize that an IDE pin configuration for a 2 1/2" laptop drive
is smaller than an IDE for a desktop drive I hope. I am not sure from
your comments if that is what you are facing, but it might.