Old December 14th 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
123

Default FX5200 AGP 3.0 x8 on ASUS P2B mobo, works on 3.3V ok?

Hi

I have a P2B motherboard, with a Gigabyte 5200 installed (GV-N52128DS). I
have been using this setup to do my Windows Vista testing. It has a
PowerLeap adapter with a 1.5GHz processor, 768 MB ram. The system gets a
performance rating of 1.7, and this is only due to the ram (motherboard
cannot take anymore)

The system runs with the Area Glass theme enabled and works surprisingly
well. It is very responsive.

So there is no reason why the card should not work.

Good Luck

Brett

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Ehud Shapira wrote:
Thanks Paul.

Can you tell me the exact model or describe the MSI card? (Just to be
extra sure...

The 9800 would not work, but 9700 and 9500 should (according to info I
bumped into while looking around).

And after my recent conversation (of sorts) with MSI, as always, I'm
amazed by the lousiness companies have for technical support. There are
exceptions, but that's what they are, exceptions. :-/

I own two FX5200 cards.

The MSI one is FX5200-TD128 (602-8930-040 model number).

The EVGA one is 128-A8-N304-LX.

Both cards tested OK on the P2B-S (Knoppix boot test).

HTH,
Paul