Old March 17th 04, 09:18 AM
Alien Zord

"Jonathan King" wrote in message
This problem has been vexing me for nearly two months now. Here's the
background; I'll try to be brief:

After years of trouble-free CD burning, I've been struggling with a
real problem ... burns proceed normally until read-out,
then fail. The many, many error reports I've collected (using several
different pieces of burning software) all end more or less like this:

snip

CD burners don't last forever. 3 to 5 years is the norm but some 2 years ago
there was a shortage of laser diodes and I think lower quality units were
used as a result. My company's returns shelves contain many mainly HP and
Acer burners that lasted between 14 and 20 months.