Old July 22nd 19, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default MSI B450-A PRO doesn't recognize external HDD via esata-sata

~misfit~ wrote:
On 21/07/2019 2:23 AM, MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi Paul, sorry for delay. I see your explanation about USB-SATA only.
What about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM3DDZS
I couldn't understand if it works SATA-USB only like the one of my
reply.
Anyway do you know if there're such converters USB-SATA?

I'll say it again: I would try a PCIe to eSATA expansion card and eSATA
/ eSATA cable. It seems to me like you're trying to do everything but
the right thing.

It's just as likely to work, if the rate is knocked
down to SATA II. Which can be done with the force jumper.
Or, use an older drive for test, a drive that runs
slower on the interface, and see if that makes a difference.

The motherboard drive idea can be a problem, if it
tries to run at SATA III, which is too fast for ESATA-length
cabling.

Paul