Old July 15th 19, 11:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
MaxTheFast

Default MSI B450-A PRO doesn't recognize external HDD via esata-sata

Do not misunderstand My idea is to use my 3.5" HDD within my fantec enclosure AND the converter outside it, not just a HDD+converter as yours. The converter will connect my enclosure and the mobo because my goal is to use the mobo's sata ports and not its usb ports, in other word my converter usage will be "opposite/reverse" as the standard one it was built to. And remember my enclosure has its independent power supply so I'm going to use the converter only for data so my 3.5" hdd within my enclosure will be powered apart from converter. Keep in mind it's just an experiment so it's not important how I've to "work"
So my question is about the hardware behavior of this system [HDD] - [enclosure] - [hacked usb-sata converter cable] - [mobo sata]: will it work?
This time I ask you before buying anything