Old May 6th 14, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
DevilsPGD[_5_]

Default Are you thinking of buying Asus gear?

In the last episode of , dan
said:

On Mon, 05 May 2014 13:17:54 -0700, Ghostrider " 00 wrote:

On 5/4/2014 12:52 AM, dan wrote:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 19:12:49 -0700, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In the last episode of , Jim
said:

If so try to "talk" to someone in tech/cust support and see how bad it
is, it's a joke sent an email took them 2 days to reply and when they
did they refused to answer my question about their bios and told me to
look in the manual, which i had already done.

I've had great interactions with them on an unstable Sabertooth
motherboard, including a warranty replacement.

I have had horrible experience, they kept on saying contact your local
trading standards. Never will I buy Asus again.

Not living in the UK but if the ASUS board in question is not a
retail product from ASUS but an OEM board that should have been
sold to a systems builder, then it has made the right response.
This is a matter to be resolved between the buyer and the OEM
builder-seller and not ASUS.

OTOH, if the motherboard in question is a retail one, then ASUS
would have settled with you according to its warranty. Was there
a written warranty or guarantee from ASUS? This is the way ASUS
handles things in the US.

It is a retail MB that I bought from a store in London. But the store
no longer exists physically & only on the web. When I contacted the e
tailer they said their records no longer go back that far (2011). The
MB is a Asus sabertooth B3 p67 which says it has a 5 year warranty.

Interesting. I'm not sure about how UK law works, whether it's the
retailer or the vendor that is responsible for warranties, but I would
definitely take it to your local trading standards.

Companies rarely want to be dragged in front of a regulatory body, so
the fact that a company suggested it makes me wonder if there isn't
something more going on (or the rep knows that they will help if forced,
and is trying to push you in the right direction)

Beyond that, it just seems odd, unless of course you're missing the
purchase documentation and also didn't register the product when you
purchased it, in which case I can see why neither the vendor nor the
retailer might be willing to help (and they might kick you over to local
trading standards knowing that you don't have sufficient documentation
to get them to assist either)

--
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but
improperly spelled insults merely amuse me.