Old August 22nd 10, 04:20 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
dh@.

Default power supply questions

Hi,

I work at a night club and we have a lighting control board that
has two mother boards. The other day it wouldn't try to come on
at all, acting like it wasn't getting power. So I made sure it
was getting power, unplugged and plugged it back several times,
and tried starting it several times. Finally after a number of
attempts it started up and ran fine, but a couple of tech people
said it sounds like the power supply is going bad. It has a HIGH
POWERŪ HPC-360-302 DF power supply. If I remember right it has
five connectors: 1 twenty wire, 3 four wire, and 1 two wire. We
tried replacing it with a newer type from Micro Center, and had
to use an adapter to try to make the two wire connector work. It
looked like everything connected right but it never would boot up
with that power supply, and said it needed us to insert a system
disc or something. When I put the old power supply back in it
started up fine again. Can anyone let me know what happened, and
suggest what to do if we can't get another power supply just like
the one that's going bad? I'm afraid it has been discontinued.

Thanks for any help!

David