Old December 25th 03, 06:37 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Nil Einne" wrote in message
Could you post some links to these reviews please. While I am highly
suspicous of the Jet7 (which is why I asked for reviews) since it
mainly seems to be designed to look cool rather then to be effective,
I don't really see why the Aero 7+ should be less effective then the
Aero 7 Lite as the only difference is that the Aero 7+ is all copper
whereas the lite is aluminium with copper base. And although I do
wonder if it really helps that much to have an all copper hs and
whether it is worth it, I had always thought that at the very least, a
copper heatsink is as good as, even perhaps if not that much better
then a aluminium heat sink.

"Both units performed similarly under idle conditions, but the Aero 7 Lite
outperformed his all-copper brother while under load. However, there's one
thing that doesn't show up on the chart: The Aero 7 Lite took noticeably
longer (2-4 minutes, depending on fan speed) to return to idle temperatures,
compared to the all-copper Aero 7+. This is the one situation where copper
is clearly superior to an aluminum/copper heatsink. Also, the CPU locked up
(only once) while using the Aero 7 Lite, when the fan was set to the lowest
speed setting and the system was under heavy use (during the load tests).
This was while using the included thermal pad; under all other situations,
the Aero 7 Lite performed flawlessly."

from - http://tinyurl.co.uk/6t9l

Also there are

http://tinyurl.co.uk/tivp

http://tinyurl.co.uk/83ne

Just a few reviews. Be a bit wary of methodological differences in reviews,
i.e. CPU's used (some give off more heat) and thermal interface used.
Reviews can be found via www.google.com searching for aero 7 lite review

Hope this helps and merry christmas!