Old December 25th 03, 06:03 PM
Nil Einne

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 08:09:31 -0000, "tHatDudeUK"
wrote:

"Nil Einne" wrote in message
.. .
Just to clarify, I know that the Jet 7 and Aero 7+ have the same fan
speed variation. However, the Jet 7 is louder I believe, at least at
the high setting. So one interesting thing would be how does the Jet 7
compare (in terms of performance) at a certain noise level with the
Aero 7+ at the same noise level.

Reviews suggest the Aero 7 lite is better performing than the 7+ and as it's
cheaper I went for one of those.

Could you post some links to these reviews please. While I am highly
suspicous of the Jet7 (which is why I asked for reviews) since it
mainly seems to be designed to look cool rather then to be effective,
I don't really see why the Aero 7+ should be less effective then the
Aero 7 Lite as the only difference is that the Aero 7+ is all copper
whereas the lite is aluminium with copper base. And although I do
wonder if it really helps that much to have an all copper hs and
whether it is worth it, I had always thought that at the very least, a
copper heatsink is as good as, even perhaps if not that much better
then a aluminium heat sink.