Old January 9th 04, 09:06 PM
tibo

Default lost of video capture signal and forced to restart my PC

Hello.

My video card is : Video Card Leadtek Nvidia GeForce4 TI 4200

I capture my Cable-TV video signal in WinFast PVR (some kind of MyVivo
program I think) and watch it with no problem. But sometimes I loose the
video signal for some reasons.

For ex, when I connect to my PC with UltraVNC, VNC refresh the screen in
some way that Winfast PVR doesn't show the video anymore. If I restart
Winfast PVR, it gives me this message : "impossible to have a preview of the
video flux" (or something like that, but in french...) I have to shutdown my
PC to get the video signal back in Winfast PVR (it's kind of reset the
video card I think).

Another ex, when I encode the video with Windows Media Encoder, and WME
crashes, same thing : I have to shut my PC down, the video card seems to be
busy for capture...

Does anyone of you know a way to prevent this problem from occurring, and
maybe have a tip to "reset" my video card without rebooting Windows twice or
three times ?

Thanks a lot and xcuse my french. ;-)