Old January 8th 16, 10:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_4_]

Default What printer brands?

On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 14:58:40 -0600, Ant wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 22:58:26 -0800, Ant wrote:

Do you need color? How much printing do you do?
I've found that HP has been a solid performer no matter the
model/category. If you use little color, consider a laser for the
black printing and a separate color setup.

What color laser printers? :/

Mine have been mostly beige.

LOL! I meant "which color laser printers?"

I know - sorry!

For black and white, I use a couple of HP LaserJet 4M+ machines (circa
1993). Still going strong and common spares are still available.

For colour, I bought a cheap Samsung machine. Don't use it that much. But
I picked up (free) am HP 2600n colour machine. It doesn't do PCL but soem
weird protocol but works OK on Windows.

The 2600n was interesting. I got it free because it was 'broken'. It had
a heavy magenta cast on all pages. I discovered that in fact all colour
toner cartridges were empty, and the magenta one was spilling toner from
its integral waste bin. New toner cartridges, and a cleaning cycle on the
transfer nelt, and it's 100%. As it should be; the colour cartridges were
the original ones, and the black cartridge was only the second ever. The
machine had only ever done just over 4000 pages!