Old January 7th 16, 02:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

Default What printer brands?

On 1/6/2016 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 07:57:51 GMT, default
wrote:

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm impressed with all the responses,
as it looks like newsgroups are becoming dinosaurs. So bottom line is the
well-known brands all have fans. Good to know. No one commented on my
complaint about my AIO being completely dead for lack of 4 good
cartridges. I still would like to know if some brands don't have that
characteristic.

HP uses a single color cartridge. AFAIK it will continue to print
black if one color goes out and will continue to print color but will
not look right if one color is out.

Six years ago I avoided HP because I'd read some horror stories about
their customer services. I will reconsider.

Can't help you there. I've personally owned 5 HP printers over the
last 25 or so years and have 6 of them at work. Never had reason to
ever call customer service.

One of the laser printers that gets the heaviest use did break down
after about 6 years. Called a local printer service company and they
guy was at our place than same morning and had us up and running in 20
minutes.

To support that above, I bought an HP-932 printer in 2000. It has been
used to print double sided business cards, brochure, pictures, and other
routine print jobs.

The only reason it is scheduled for replacement is the HP scanner that I
bought about the same time is no longer supported and I can not find
Windows 8 or 10 drivers for it.

The printer scanner combinations cost less than the scanner alone.
While we have an inventory of ink for the printer, the cartridges are
becoming scarce, so for that reason it may not be possible to continue
to use it.