Old March 11th 04, 05:44 PM
Larry Gagnon

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:11:56 GMT
"Daniel Czajko" wrote:

I've been incrementally overclocking my 2700+ to see how far I can push it
and yet still be able to have it be stable in 3D games.

At certain OC settings, Prime95 will fail within 2 minutes, but 3DMark2003
doesn't (and I executed it several times).

How critical are the Prime95 errors, I mean, can they be ignored if other
benchmarks don't crash? I get one of those:
"Fatal Error: rounding was 0.499999 expected less than 0.4

I had a similar error - increasing Vcore slightly solved it. Prime95 errors DO
mean just what they say: your computer is not stable. This is not some
rinky-dink software.

Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.