Old June 16th 18, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Unreally Lucky HDD

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 14:36:09 -0000 (UTC), "Yes" wrote:

| Flasherly wrote:
|
| -- snipped --
| You mentioned, unless I'm misinterpreting, you're
| effectively tapped out on returns -- Seagate will only send you so
| many replacement warranty issues, three now being your last right to
| make a warranty claim?
| -- snipped --
|
| No, as far as I know. I bought the original HD in April 2018. The
| warranty extends till 2020. My impression when talking with the
| Seagate representatives is that Seagate would continue to replace a
| defective drive with a new one until I got one that worked. The
| customer service experience I had after buying the drive and the
| follow-up conversations were very direct, pleasant and satisfactory.

3 replacements are too many. They could offer to keep replacing units until you get
one that's satisfactory until the cows come home, but that's too much crap to have to
put up with. I usually give anybody a chance to make things right... ONCE, but would
have demanded a refund with the 2nd defective HDD no matter how nice their customer
service people are.

Larc