Old October 11th 08, 06:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Default Inspiron 9200 screen problem

fixer's sugegstion about replacing the flex cable is a good one. not sure
what screen you have, but ebay item 22088622733 might be all you need. you
mentioned pressing on parts of the screen resulting in video appearing
there... not sure what to make of that, but if you simply excercise the
screen hindges (adjust lcd from all the way open to nearly completly closed)
and the images flickers then it is very likely to be a cable problem and the
cable should be repalced. you can call tech support even if out of warranty
to ask them the exact part number for the lcd flex cable that is in your
system as well as the alternative part numbers and the cost from dell. if
dell wants too much you can try shopping ebay for it.

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message g...
the inspiron 9200 were known to have a vertical line of dead pixels
problem,
but nothing like what you have described. if you are handy you could
look
up the service manual on support.dell.com and try to reseat the data
cable
both on the system board end and on the display end. other than that I
would suggest contacting moniserv.com to see if they will repair it for
you.

Thanks - I hadn't heard of moniserv.com before, but i'm not the one
who's going to be doing the repair :-}

I guess the first step will be to see if it really is something as
simple as a loose connector, although I suspect a new screen will be
getting ordered anyway.